Hi, I know I haven’t written in ages (I have been away -let me know if you want me to write about that!). Something that contributes to my stress levels is mess and what with being so busy at the end of term my room has gotten so messy! Now I am in the holidays I finally have had time to have a proper clean of my room. ( btw I still live at home so I only have to really tidy my room) 🙂
Here I am going to run through how I did a deep clean and tidy of my room.
- Change the the bedsheets
I find it easiest if I start by making my bed as then I have somewhere to put stuff before I put it away!
- Clear the floor
It is always useful to be able to get around!
- Tidy any desks, bedside tables, dressing tables etc.
Bonus Tip: I find it easiest to make piles and organise pile by pile. Also make sure to dust/wipe clean all surfaces.
- Tidy and crevices and corners that are messy
I find this a hard step as this is usually where I shove miscellaneous crap haha
- Tidy any cupboards, cabinets, drawers, wardrobes etc.
I have yet to tackle my wardrobe tbh haha
- Tidy any other places I forgot
- Empty the bin, bin bag(s) ar dispose of any other rubbish that you have accumulated
- Hoover (if you want a deep clean then clean the carpet)
And you are done!
- If you are a bit of a hoarder like me, just be ruthless about throwing unused things out. Keep stuff with major sentimental value or that you use a lot, but I have just binned so much clutter and my room looks so much tidier and nicer.
- Find a great playlist or create your own with your favourite upbeat songs that will keep you motivated.
- If you find yourself with lots of clutter, invest in some cute storage or look online for some inspo and diy your own. This has helped me so much.
- If you can, feel free to move around some furniture as this can transform your room without the cost of redecorating or buying new items.
Now enjoy your clean room. and for me the challenge of keeping it tidy!
Thank you for reading, I hope this was helpful.
Love Amelia ❤